The following Vantage Agora article was recently featured in the December Issue of the Chart Coverholders and Risk Takers Exchange: Bridging the Gap Between Lloyd’s of London And the U.S. Domestic Market.
Gain a Competitive Edge With Remote Staffing
by Mike Fieseler, VP of Business Development
Are you working as efficiently as possible? In today’s competitive economic climate, more companies are exploring ways to work smarter and faster while remaining productive. There is a growing trend to complement existing staffing models with a dedicated remote staff.
According to globalworkplaceanalytics.com, approximately 50% of the U.S. workforce holds a job that is compatible with at least partial telework, and approximately 20% to 25% of the workforce teleworks at some frequency. If you haven’t considered remote staffing, you may be missing out on opportunities to increase your organization’s optimal potential.
Benefits of Remote Staffing
- Staff Retention: An ongoing business challenge is recruiting and retaining top talent. Finding qualified employees, training them and keeping them has become a huge expense for employers, but a well-trained remote staff can alleviate these concerns by providing consistent and reliable service.
- Greater Focus: Mundane, time-consuming tasks like data entry are an inevitable part of any business. But these duties are not likely to be the most efficient use of your staff’s time. What if your team of specialists and experts could spend that time focusing on rewarding functions like improving customer service and increasing your company’s sales? A remote staff can help alleviate the time spent on data entry.
- Increased Efficiency: As pressure to deliver quality service day and night continues to grow, companies are faced with a dilemma that remote staffing can easily solve. A remote staff enables companies to remain competitive in an always-on global marketplace by taking advantage of different time zones to utilize a 24/7 responsive workforce and a commitment to continuous improvement. A remote team can pick up the work until your core team returns to the office the next day. In addition to this, firms like Vantage Agora search for better ways to do the work through focused teams or enhancing workflows. At Vantage Agora, we set goals of reducing time to perform tasks by 5% to 20% over the first 18 months of an engagement.
- Automation: Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a topic you should discuss with any staffing vendor you engage. At Vantage Agora, we look for consistent and replicable tasks that are candidates for automation rather than being performed manually. This enables the tasks to be completed in seconds rather than minutes or hours, and with higher levels of quality.
- Cost-Savings: One of the biggest expenses of running a business is the investment in employees. From hourly costs to state and federal taxes, benefits and overhead, there is a lot of money wrapped up in your workforce. Hiring a remote staff can greatly reduce these expenses and ultimately make an organization more profitable.
- Scalable Staff: Having a remote staff at your fingertips allows you to easily scale your workforce based on your business needs. Continuous growth or a busy peak season may require an increased staff. An on-demand remote staff can supplement your existing team to meet growing demands.
Taking the Leap
The benefits of remote staffing are obvious, but not all remote staffing partners are equal. It’s imperative to partner with a provider who understands your business and your unique needs. Priority must-haves include transparency, real-time visibility and ongoing growth and improvement opportunities.
At Vantage Agora, we’ve developed an industry-leading remote staffing model to enable companies to achieve Operational Excellence by optimizing their business functions in the following ways:
- Increasing productivity between 20% to 40%.
- Reducing operating costs, often by more than 50%.
- Leveraging artificial intelligence and automation where possible.
- Delivering real-time Operational Intelligence and data through our patent-pending Business Operating System (BOS), OX Zion.
Vantage Agora specializes in managing all data-entry and non-revenue-generating activities for various industries including Insurance, Logistics, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Professional Services and many other industries. We are committed to providing customizable staffing solutions for the companies we partner with.
If your organization is considering remote staffing to help increase efficiencies, be sure to weigh the pros and cons before choosing a partner. With Vantage Agora as your partner, you can achieve Operational Excellence. Contact us to get started today!